Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter of concern

January 19, 2010

678 Wiltse Blvd.
Penticton, BC
Canda V2A 8P5

Mr. Kleats
Central High School Basketball Coach
123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia
Canada V2A 1W3


Dear Mr. Kleats:

My name is Kathy George. My daughter Audrey is a member of your grade 11 soccer team. Congratulations on your team's overall success in past seasons, though I wish to express some concerns.

I understand you busy schedule and appreciate you volunteering to couch the girls. As they are lacking in discipline to start on their own, your late arrival causes them to miss out on available practice time. I think it would be very useful for you to acquire someone to help start things off as you are very busy. If need be I am willing to offer my time as an assistant coach.

The girls are quite young and I find my daughter coming home with energy left to burn. Practice could be more strenuous to prepare the girls for game time situations. If you just send them out for a few laps at the end I feel it would improve their endurance and strength as running is a very important aspect to soccer.

I am very involved in my daughters extra curricular activities and after attending some practices it is my opinion that they could be more organized. I know girls can be very easily side tracked as they seem to find endless things to tell one another and could use a more structured practice. Separating them into smaller groups might help to form more organized sessions.

Young girls are often quite sensitive and I have observed a better response to calm instruction and encouragement. Although winning is important and a good goal, the girls who spend majority of time on the bench become overwhelmed when given the chance to play. More equal playing time could benefit your team in the long run as the subs would have a more positive contribution.

I thank you for taking the time to read my letter and hope you will consider my concerns and suggestions. I would appreciate it if you would inform me of any feedback you receive from the team and I am open to further disscussion.

Sincerely,


________________________

Ms. George

No comments:

Post a Comment